Check you are okay

If your passport is not a United Kingdom or Irish passport then you could lose the right to work here in the UK. That means if you are an EU National, or of other than UK/Irish nationality, you will probably need to have either “Settled” or “Pre-settled” status. This does not happen automatically. You must apply for the status.

There are some exceptions, mainly if you have a valid ‘permanent residence document’ or ‘indefinite leave to remain’ or ‘indefinite leave to enter’ status from the UK government.

You can check your right, and where to find the above documents, for yourself at this website:

What to do now

Gather your documents together. You will need:

  • a valid passport or national identity card.
  • a digital photo of your face.
  • if you’re not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you can use any of the following:
  • Proof you have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for at least 6 months in any 12 month period for 5 years in a row. If you’ve not lived here for 5 years in a row you may still be eligible for pre-settled status.

    There are more details here:

Go to this website and click  Start now  >

The deadline

Applications need to be made before 30 June 2021

Due to the Covid-19 crisis there is a delay in processing applications. The earlier you apply the better. Then if complications should arise, there is time to sort things out in good time. Don’t leave it too late!

Other help

If you encounter difficulties in your application or have any questions, please speak to your RQM.

Other languages

You can find help in other languages at:

Scroll to Top