Part 1: Statement of intent
Pink Piggy holdings limited t/a Lara Nichols recognises the importance of occupational Health and Safety, to benefit the wellbeing of its staff and clients. To meet this aim we provide all staff with comprehensive Health and Safety awareness training through the Lara Nichols Health and Safety Academy.
The academy modules include General Health and Safety Awareness, Awareness of Risk Assessments (including COSHH), Fire Safety Awareness, and Covid Precautions Awareness.
We are all responsible for Health and Safety and Will not knowingly put ourselves or others at risk. We constantly strive to achieve these aims.
- Set health and safety objectives and performance criteria for all managers and work areas Annually review health and safety objectives and managers’ performance
- Encourage accurate and timely reporting and recording of all incidents and injuries
- Investigate all reported incidents and injuries to identify all contributing factors and, where appropriate, formulate plans for corrective action
- Actively encourage the early reporting of any pain or discomfort
- Provide treatment and rehabilitation plans that ensure a safe, early and durable return to work
- Identify all existing and new hazards and take all practicable steps to eliminate or minimise the exposure to any hazards
- Ensure that all employees are made aware of the hazards in their work areas and are adequately trained so they can carry out their duties in a safe manner
- Encourage employee consultation and participation in all health and safety matters Enable employees to elect health and safety representatives
- Ensure that all contractors and subcontractors are actively managing health and safety forthemselves and their employees
- Promote a system of continuous improvement, including annual reviews of policies and procedures
- Meet legal obligations as specified in the legislation, codes of practice and any relevant standards or
Every manager, supervisor or foreperson is accountable to the employer for the health and safety of employees working under their direction.
Each employee is expected to help maintain a safe and healthy workplace through:
- Share in the commitment to health and
- Following all safe work procedures, rules and instructions
- Properly using all safety equipment and clothing provided
- Reporting early any pain or discomfort
- Taking an active role in the company’s treatment and rehabilitation plan, for their ‘early and durable return to work’
- Reporting all incidents, injuries and hazards to the appropriate
The Health and Safety Committee includes representatives from senior management and selected health and safety representatives. the committee is responsible for implementing, monitoring, reviewing and planning health and safety policies, systems and practices.
Part 2: Responsibilities for health and safety
1. Overall and final responsibility for health and safety:
The managing director
2. Day-to-day responsibility for ensuring this policy is put into practice:
The Health & safety officer
3. To ensure health and safety standards are maintained/improved, the following people have responsibility in the following areas:
Mike Nichols – Chairman – Overall management
Jason Chapman – Health and Safety officer
Tanya Smith – Operational training Jo Wood – Training management
4. All employees should:
•co-operate with supervisors and managers on health and safety matters;•take reasonable care of their own health and safety; and•report all health and safety concerns to an appropriate person (as detailed above).